It’s about the journey!
Explore hidden gems like the Cody Caves, the charming Kaslo Bridge and the local heritage museums. Stay at the Kaslo Hotel and enjoy the incredible experience of heli skiing. For spring and summer, there’s kayaking, hiking, fishing & camping and more! Striking scenery, fun roads, and interesting sights make this area popular with motorcyclists.
- Information about Japanese Canadians in Kaslo
- Ainsworth Hot Springs – About 15 km from Kaslo. Open year-round. 1-800-668-1171.
- Cody Caves Provincial Park – Open July and August. Daily one hour tours 10-4. Reserve – 3 hour adventure tour. 250-505-2592
- The Langham Cultural Center – Art Gallery open Thurs-Sun, 1-4. Japanese Canadian Museum open every day 9-4. Corner of B Ave. & Fifth St. 250-353-2661.
- SS Moyie National Historic Site – Take a tour on the oldest intact passenger sternwheeler. Open Daily 9-5 mid May to mid September. Front St. 250-353-2525.
- Stellar Heli Skiing – Experience the big-mountain terrain on a “one-of-a-kind” heli-skiing adventure!
- Kaslo Kayaking – Unbelievable sea kayak adventures on Kootenay Lake.
- Kootenay Star Mining Museum – located inside Teresa’s at 402 Front St. 250-353-2115.
- Hiking Trails – There are wonderful hiking trails including the River Walk, starting on 5th Street. Maps are available at the information center next to SS Moyie.
- Golf – Kaslo Golf Course – 250-353-2262 or Balfour Golf Course – 1-866-669-4653
- Nikkei Internment Memorial Center – Open 9:30-5, May-September. 306 Josephine St. in New Denver. 250-358-7288.
- Sandon Mining Museum - Open 10-5 May-October. 250-358-7920.
- Kaslo Art Walk – from late May until August. Visual and performing artists in locals around the town.
- May Days – has been celebrated for over 100 years. Activities in Vimy Park and at Maypole.
- Kaslo Jazz Fest – Early August. The event grows larger and better each year.
- Saturday Market – in the Front St. park next to the Kaslo Hotel. Fresh local produce, and artisans’ displays.
- Kootenay Paradise Photography Tours
- Rainfoto – Local wedding photographer Sara Rainford – see some of her photos in our gallery.
- Sellkirk Wilderness Skiing- 250-366-4424.
- Highland Powder Skiing- 250-366-4260.
- White Grizzly Catskiing – 1-800- 843-5557 or 250-366-4306.
- Retallack Resort – 1-800-330-1433 or 250-358-2777.
- Kaslo Chamber of Commerce – 250-353-7323.
- Kaslo Visitor Centre – 250-353-2525.
- Kaslo Hotel – We are the perfect location for your indoor or patio wedding reception! For up to 100 guests.
- Rainfoto – Wedding photography by Sara Rainford.
- Officiate at Weddings, Shelly Stickel-Miles – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Acoustical instrumental folk music by Merryweather for your wedding! email@example.com or 250-353-2600.
- Wedding Cakes: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wedding Flowers: Kaslo Florists, 4311 4th St, Kaslo, V0G1M0, 250-353-7766, www.kasloflorists.com.
- Wedding Photography: KDG Photography, www.kdglifeimages.com/.